Who's Online

We have 22 guests and 1 member online
  • Clouseau

TL Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 3 days ago
  • frezasaga : patch version 202 still no fix for dark focus. still not usable..
  • frezasaga : so dark focus is not gonna work in pvp also in dungeon...
  • frezasaga : AW dark focus at the moment is not working. CDN is waiting for patch from eyedentity
  • Psyphelumbti : the mobs already have dark burn effect but after i use that skill dark focus.. nothing happen..no dmg dealt at all..
  • Psyphelumbti : can some1 check it for me please.. :( "abyss walker skill - dark focus"
  • Psyphelumbti : doesnt do a single DMG to mobs or player in pvp
  • Psyphelumbti : my abyss walker skill "dark focus"
  • Psyphelumbti : can someone help me
  • frezasaga : what do u mean master for your guardian
  • bish0p : Chryses, Help me do Master for my guardian

Guests are shown between [].

Only registered users are allowed to post

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Barbarian or Destroyer?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Barbarian or Destroyer?

Barbarian or Destroyer? 2 years, 3 months ago #2769

• Grandios
  • IGN: Soldeo
I know guys this have been asked many times in different forums in different locations in different timezones in different opinions however I would like to know your opinions not from others.

This is a serious questions since this will be my second major acc or if i get sick of inquisitor I will play this as my main as a howler for sdn or what part it plays in nests.

So I heard both can use hammer or axe and both are quite good in pvp and utility. However I would like you guys to tell me especially those playing these classes the major differences between the two.

I never saw gigantic bomb in game only axe typhoon why is that so when " the others" say it got more dps. Then flying swing ex is > stomp ex? What is the total % slow of stomp ex?

Is is true that the only class capable of removing Divine Avatar of a Paladin is a destroyer i dunno even what skill is that. Some tips too for playing either one of them

Re: Barbarian or Destroyer? 2 years, 3 months ago #2770

• chasco
  • Senior Soldier
In my opinion, Destroyer is better, but typhoon is the best ultimate, so you have to go dual ultimate if u go for destroyer
Flying swing EX is so much better than Stomp EX, and i prefer pasive skill to destroy super armor, of course with Axe, i dont like hammers

PD: Divine Avatar is the lvl 40 ultimate, on guardian tree-side

Re: Barbarian or Destroyer? 2 years, 3 months ago #2787

• Grandios
chasco wrote:
In my opinion, Destroyer is better, but typhoon is the best ultimate, so you have to go dual ultimate if u go for destroyer
Flying swing EX is so much better than Stomp EX, and i prefer pasive skill to destroy super armor, of course with Axe, i dont like hammers

PD: Divine Avatar is the lvl 40 ultimate, on guardian tree-side

Thanks your utmost response however Im not asking about DA im asking which spell can penetrate through it is it maelstrom howl. I heard there's a spell which can remove divine avatar.

Re: Barbarian or Destroyer? 2 years, 3 months ago #2827

• Crett
  • Junior Soldier
Maelstrom howl does indeed ignore all i-frames and does impressive damage, almost as much as half moon slash. :0

Flying swing EX is just awesome and is definitely more useful in PvP, I don't know if it helps alot for PvE.

Breaking point is definitely useful for Nests as you can break the superarmor of literally anything at a 15% rate + do critical damage.

Breaking point does have a 7 second cooldown, though.

Re: Barbarian or Destroyer? 2 years, 3 months ago #2830

• Grandios
Crett wrote:
Maelstrom howl does indeed ignore all i-frames and does impressive damage, almost as much as half moon slash. :0

Flying swing EX is just awesome and is definitely more useful in PvP, I don't know if it helps alot for PvE.

Breaking point is definitely useful for Nests as you can break the superarmor of literally anything at a 15% rate + do critical damage.

Breaking point does have a 7 second cooldown, though.

Can someone clarify if Maelstrom Howl can break Divine Avatar?

Re: Barbarian or Destroyer? 2 years, 3 months ago #2838

• Rem
  • Administrator
Heya Grandios malestorm howl flinches a paladin in divine avatar but it does not remove the buff and i dont know if it deals damage as well.

Barbarian and destroyers are pretty much the same their differences are quite small now in the recent patches now because even Destroyers can get the typhoon ultimate.

Do note that Barbarians: are better for Dragon raiding because of Bone crush skill that adds the DPS of the entire party.. They also benefit alot from the FU time accel to speed up the cool down of "Heat Combo". Barbarians combo abit better in pvp because their normal attack is easier to connect. Heat combo also works on Nest Boss but Breaking point does not.

Destroyers however: Maelstrom howl is awesome in group pvp.. alot more awesome than stomp ex. Especially if you got the cooldown reduction crest on it.

For me this is just small differences..

Re: Barbarian or Destroyer? 2 years, 3 months ago #2846

• Grandios
Rem wrote:
Heya Grandios malestorm howl flinches a paladin in divine avatar but it does not remove the buff and i dont know if it deals damage as well.

Barbarian and destroyers are pretty much the same their differences are quite small now in the recent patches now because even Destroyers can get the typhoon ultimate.

Do note that Barbarians: are better for Dragon raiding because of Bone crush skill that adds the DPS of the entire party.. They also benefit alot from the FU time accel to speed up the cool down of "Heat Combo". Barbarians combo abit better in pvp because their normal attack is easier to connect. Heat combo also works on Nest Boss but Breaking point does not.

Destroyers however: Maelstrom howl is awesome in group pvp.. alot more awesome than stomp ex. Especially if you got the cooldown reduction crest on it.

For me this is just small differences..

This is what chaos of freedom stated;

Maelstorm damage and CD get a boost for v76 patch, but the superarmor destruction is reduced. Details as follows:

Damage & CD

Pre V76 : Phy dmg 494.8%+2638. CD 45sec at Lv1
V76: Phy dmg 618.4% + 3296, CD 36sec at Lv1.

Superarmor destruction Test

Pre V76:
Break Superarmor: Merc Party Superarmor buff, Typhoon, Avatar, Iron Skin, Flying Swing, All Lv40 Ultimate
Cannot Break : None.

V76:
Break: Merc Party Superarmor buff, Typhoon, Avatar, Flying Swing, All Lv40 Ultimate
Cannot Break: Iron Skin

I think this just resolve the conflict of the strongest spear (M. howl) against the strongest shield (iron skin). Now, Shanda decide to let the shield win instead. =_=

So yea, the so-call nerf is just a very small nerf: Maelstorm howl cannot break the superarmor provided by Iron Skin now, but generally still pierce every other skill out there, including Divine Avatar.

Can you clarify this? Anyways I hope we get lvl 60 cap soon so we see more variations between the two. ^^

Re: Barbarian or Destroyer? 2 years, 3 months ago #2849

• Rem
  • Administrator
Yep super armor reduction break = flinch. The only player skill that the m.howl cannot break is the mercs iron skin. Divine avatar can be flinched.
  • Page:
Moderators: Grandios
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

China Time

Latest Topics

More Topics »